Monday, January 25, 2016

Just A Bit Snowed In

Dear Friends,
 
We are not yet able to leave our little home in the snow.  The fellow who plows us out has been unable to plow HIMSELF out... due to the high drifts... he has no where to PUT the snow.
 
I dug a trench (think World War I) out to the most promising vehicle... 4-wheel drive, Ford 250...  Gary then got the snow off of it, started it... and got a good 30 feet before he realized the snow was so high all he was doing was pushing snow in front of the truck... and blocking himself in!
 
The Virginia Department of Transportation has been pushing snow around on the road that we turn onto... leaving a 4 ft wall of compacted snow.
 
I lost my balance in the high snow.... actually a dip in the road that had filled up with LOTS MORE SNOW.  I went down.... but everything around me was so soft and deep I couldn't brace myself to get up.  So, I dug a nest in the snow around me and waited until Gary realized I was missing.  When he finally saw me, at a distance... he thought I was making "snow angels".....  we almost needed a block and tackle to get me off the ground.  I felt like I was preparing for a sequel to The REVENANT.  Kudos to Leonardo DiCaprio.... for his endurance.
We won't have above freezing temps until Tuesday.... but at least we have ELECTRICITY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment